8.10.2007

family of yogis.


mom called last night and told me she went to her first yoga class. it was a few miles outside of glenwood near pony creek. the teacher led them to an outside studio where they sat and talked about the yoga sutra. she was excited about the class, and about this new perspective of life. she described some of the feelings i did when i first started practicing.

it was funny. as she told me this, i felt the most connected to her than i have in a long time. not to say i don't feel connected to my mother.. in fact i feel extremely close to her.. it's just that with this distance between us, i sometimes want to share parts of my life with my parents too much and i want them to immediately understand me.. eventhough i've been growing in different directions a thousand miles away for a few years. and they're changing too.. i forget that.

and in other news, my grandmother attended a wheelchair yoga class. she quit, she informed me, because she was not able to get her arms over her head. "honestly i'd rather read my book," she said. i don't really blame her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey M.b.,
whats happin' hope your doing well.
Larry Keel and the rest of the band were at my house the other night . It was great to see them. we were reflecting on the jamaica trip. were going back the same time next year. You should come. I have a small group of good freinds and were getting the penthouse at the blue cave castle.
peace with chicken grease
~Scott
*new phone~303~895~8760