8.05.2005

came home tonight to a bright orange sunset. i just laid on my bed, my chin buried in a pillow, watching. i will miss this view, this room, this city. only one more week in new york city then back to my little home in iowa (to strawberry waffles & brick streets & my family) & then i'm off to washington d.c. to intern for national geographic.

nic is coming to pick me up in just a few days. i don't how exactly this has come about but i am so glad that it has. he got back from honduras about a month ago & just knowing that he's in iowa while i'm here is killing me. we have decided to drive to boston then to chicago then to iowa city & then home to glenwood for my dad's 61st birthday.

my friends & i had dinner in the oh-so-trendy meatpacking district.. red wine & calamari & eggplant at pastis. we have had such an unbelievable summer together that it is really hard to say goodbye.. we are all going off to do interesting things & will meet more people & have more pastis-like dinners but it always baffles me that not one moment will ever be repeated. i have such a clearer view of what i want now, and also of what i do not want.

i'm off to drink wine & watch the sunset disappear.

No comments: