4.16.2008

i have a choice

from dancing mermaid:

"every morning i have a choice.

i can live in a run down beach hut
with chipping paint and tiny closets

or i can live in an enchanted cottage by the sea,
with the waves at my doorstep and soft sand
in between my toes.

i can worry about money
and think about the worst case scenarios

or i can wake up and create,
and believe that abundance is easy
and within reach.

i can get mad
at unpleasant things i don’t think i deserve

or i can trust that this is part of the process,
and manifest new things that better serve my needs.

i can look at my modest studio space
and scold myself for not doing enough

or i can let loose with some bright, thick happy paint,
my ipod, no shoes and a really kick ass bagel
and get on with it.

i can be jealous of those
who are seeing new places

or i can look outside at my own paradise,
be present, and know everyone has their time.

i can be catty
or i can be compassionate.

i can hold on really tight
or i can do a cartwheel in the grass.

i can bitch
or i can smell the jasmine growing
up and down the street.

i have been called a dreamer,
spacey, and not in “reality.”

i have been mocked for
believing in magic and good.

but you know,
the alternative is not so appealing
to me anymore.
this is my reality.
and i like it.

so there."