3.20.2008

scootin' in the springtime.

tonight the only thing i have to do is go to yoga and ride my scooter. i d e a l. i'm pretty exhausted. i'm working two jobs until the middle of april, plus teaching yoga, working on a little freelance, and trying to spend some time with my boyfriend who i LIVE with. (you'd think it would be a litter easier to see eachother once you're under the same roof.) but all of the things i'm doing are things that i absolutely love (except maybe the job i'm leaving) so it's pretty painless. just a bit tiring.

today during lunch my friends christina and stefan and i went for a scooter ride down 16th street to check out the movie brad pitt is filming. there was a full blown marching band performing on the front steps of the freemason's building and about 30 policemen on bikes. one of them said pretty loudly, "there are a lot of violations going on on those scooters.." (like stefan's lack of a helmet, my missing mirror, my flashing hazard lights..) yep, probably time to scoot away from that group. so we took off down 17th street and back to work. damn, that scooter is so exhilirating. i think it might make this summer the best one i've ever had.

i named my scooter too. it's 'ollie juice' after my grandma, elizabeth ollie barnes, who loved dirty martinis and having fun. when she passed away she left me a little money, and though i highly doubt she anticipated me buying hell on wheels with it, i'm pretty sure she would have enjoyed one at my age too. she did always say that she wished she could've learned how to drive a zamboni. this is close enough. i can't afford one of those.