1.30.2008

quietness


last night after all of my friends had left my house after an evening of yoga, i realized something really strange—i miss myself. i've been so caught up in the hustle and bustle of yoga teacher training (yes, there's an irony in that), typing/hyperlinking/editing away at work, and all of the other things on my to-list that i've forgotten the beauty of curling up with a really good book, taking a long bath with a glass of wine in hand, or going for a bike ride just around my neighborhood. i may do these things, but many times i'm not really there. i'm off somewhere else imagining something else and worrying about something else. and in this crazy, busy, mixed-up little world where so many others are doing the same thing, i really think those little things are the most important moments to be present for. being in touch with who you are and what you want. being in touch with those you love and their true essence. being quiet. being present.

so as this month of ups and downs (mostly downs) comes to an end, i'm going to try and turn my utmost attention inward and figure out what it is that is fluttering around inside me. what's next. what's happening right now.

and i'm also going to really enjoy sleeping in on sundays.