3.09.2007

wow, i've survived my first full week at work in a month. between the trip and whatever i brought back in my tummy, i've missed one day of work a week for the past month. but today missed a couple of hours because i went to the doctor to find out why i'm exhausted and sick every day. (my friends have dozens of scenarios. one involving a parasite named bob marley.)

the doctor was the usual scene. very busy, exasperated, firing questions at me right and left, and then asking me if i drank the water. "yes.." "from the tap?!" "yes.." "why would you do that? it's a third world country." i don't think it does any good to berate me for doing it. i thought my stomach could handle it and i was enjoying myself and didn't want to be bothered running around looking for bottled water every day. but now in return, i'm running around to doctor's appointments and sleeping too much.

so now i've been prescribed an antibiotic that will make me feel sick (great), make my mouth dry, and does not mix with alcohol. (no wine for ten days.. don't worry, i'm not an alcoholic, but i am twenty-three and like to have a few drinks.)

verdict: doctor's offices are up there with airports and tax offices. same lighting that make you feel like you're in the twilight zone, and you want to connect with someone so badly you feel as though you might just tell the doctor your entire life's story.

1 comment:

doomsday has blue eyes said...

bummer...hope you feel better soon.

what did you get, giardia?