3.23.2007

oh, the perils of being young.

i've been feeling more than a little lackluster about writing lately - my blogs, my journal, my freelancing, my job. i think that's just the way it is. it comes in waves.

but i refuse to just sit here and become complacent about it, so i quit a couple of freelance gigs that have been draining my energy. they required "marketing-esque" sort of writing, something that i'm not interested in and i don't think i'm good at. mainly i was just doing it for the extra money it brought in.

i had coffee with one of our national geographic traveler freelancers today who was full of good advice and just talking with him gave me so many more ideas of things i'd like to write. i want to get back to the part of me that can spend an entire afternoon curled up in the window with a cup of tea just writing, no agenda in mind. yes, i'm a little poor, but for gods sakes i'm twenty-three. i'm supposed to be poor, right?

i need to just myself one-hundred percent into the things i love. the money will come eventually, when i need it. what do i need it for now? grande soy lattes, chimays and expensive jeans?

lord, i'm such an american.

No comments: