2.02.2007

gratitude

after my jamaica news this morning, i feel even more grateful for everything that has happened these past few months - both inside and outside of me - and i think a big universal thank you is in order.

thank you
/for my brother's presence in dc this spring/for my daily yoga practice/for my new cozy slippers/for my roommates' laughter and comfort/for amanda's visit to buenos aires/for my stove top espresso pot/for christina's internship/for the stack of books i have next to my bed/for funny text messages from heith/for keeping me safe/for the beautiful inspiration through the blogs i read everyday/for the people i pass in my neighborhood who extend even the tiniest hello/for my health and the health of those i love/for my walk to work every morning along rhode island avenue/for the weekend i had in iowa city/for my family (i can't even put that thank you into words)/for my blue row house/for alyssa's gift of chai tea/for letters from anna/for the new coffee shop on fourteenth street/for amel larrieux's newest album/for my cowboy boots/for the great coworkers & friends at national geographic/for long walks no matter where they're headed/for live music/for making me realize how much happiness i'm capable of/for my buddha necklace/for marie's impending visit/for my moleskin journals/for blue moon beer/for my red room/for my love affair with dc/for making me aware of my own strength/for my childhood/for my freelance assignments/

2 comments:

shari said...

a wonderful list. i love that you live in a blue row house, in a red room. enjoy your weekend! shari
ps: you will share your jamaica trip with us, won't you?

ananda : sanskrit for bliss said...

ofcourse!