1.19.2007

friday.

i can't seem to get enough music lately. i have been in a buying frenzy - hil st. soul, les nubians, neko case's new live album, rosie thomas, amel larrieux, lina. (i'm not sexist; there's just something about the female voice that is soothing to me lately.) my itunes charge was sky high, but whatever. i'm doing whatever makes me happy lately and this does.

my days have a certain sharpness to them that wasn't there before. i feel as though i'm collecting moments for myself - even the walk to work winding down rhode island avenue, past the little stacks of rowhouses, my headphones reverberating with a bit of soul. i'm starting to find my rhythm again. it's not that i lost myself; it's just that i forgot to ask myself how i was doing.


what inspires me today
/chai té from alyssa/long walks to nowhere/the color red/

as all things are filled with my soul
you emerge from the things, filled with my soul.
you are like my soul, a butterfly of dream,
and you are like the word Melancholy.
pablo neruda

No comments: