2.25.2008

peace

my dad went in for his surgery at eleven this morning. it should last about four hours and then he'll spend a few days in the hospital and several weeks off of his feet. my mom said that he got a private a room so she'll be staying with him tonight, though he insists she stay in a nearby hotel. she's certainly had her overfill of hospitals lately but still continues to be so strong.

he sounded peaceful and prepared and ready to get this over with. i hate being this far away. i want to give him a big hug and brew mom some tea. so instead i went to saint matthews, a gorgeous catholic church across the street. i walked in on a mass so i stayed for a few prayers and stopped to light a candle for him. just being there made me feel protected; something from my childhood like mac and cheese and chasing geese at the lake; and in turn made me realize how safely he is being watched on his journey right now.

and i just got this from my soul friend stefan:
JUST WANTED TO SAY: I LOVE YOU AND I'M TRULY GRATEFUL THAT YOU ARE MY FRIEND.

ALSO: DADDY LARUE ROCKS THE PLANET, AND I WISH HIM ALL THE POSITIVITY IN THE UNIVERSE, PLUS A SUPER SPEEDY RECOVERY.

I HEART MB+FAMILY.